Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe from scratch are actually very easy to make!
They are more amazing than store bought cinnamon rolls -not only because you made them yourself, but because the flavor is so much more rich and delicious!
To Make the Dough:
2 cups lukewarm water
1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons butter
Be sure the mixture is not too hot, then sprinkle 2 Tablespoons yeast on top and let the sugar start to work on the yeast for about 3 mins when it starts to look bubbly.
Add to the mixture:
Then slowly add, while still mixing:
3/4 cup Flakes o' Gold or Ground Premium Gold Flaxseed
1 cup of flour at a time until the goal of 3 1/2 cups.
1. Kneed the dough (folding it over itself and just mixing it well) for about 60 times -more is better to help the yeast be mixed throughout and start working on the dough.
* The key to great dough is: You want your dough to be sticky.
2. Then let it rise for about 30mins -1hr or until double in size.
3. When this is done, punch the dough down, and kneed about 30 times.
Cinnamon Roll Insides -aka Filling:
1 packed cup brown sugar
1-1/2 sticks of butter
Cinnamon to Sprinkle
1. Roll out dough to about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick and as wide and long as you want. The wider you roll out the dough, the bigger around the cinnamon rolls will be.
2. Spread the butter over all the rolled out dough. If it is too hard, warm the butter in the microwave or use a knife to slice pieces of it everywhere.
3. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
4. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the sugar -less or more depending on your love of cinnamon. -Cover all the dough.
5. Roll the dough up
6. Slice the dough into delicious and easy homemade cinnamon rolls
7. Place them in your favorite pan to let them rise.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown around edges depending on your oven! Cool on the pan for about 3 mins and then place them onto plate to finish cooling. Store in a airtight container, if they last that long!
Makes about 1 1/2-2 dozen cinnamon rolls (depending on the size you make them! :)