It's Autumn! While I don't know where the summer went, I do love this time of year for so many reasons-
...the changing of the colors of leaves into golds and deep reds, the crisp Fall air, the smells of hot fresh baked goods and soups, and so many other reasons!
Thank you all who came to see us and support us at the Minnesota State Fair! It was such a fun time! And a big Congratulations to our 12 MN State Fair Prize Winners!!!! Bob from Minnetonka, MN; Ross ~Hugo, MN; Julia ~Rosemont, MN; Deb ~Apple Valley, MN; Michael ~ White Bear Lake, MN; Melissa ~Plymouth, MN; Sue ~ Chippewa Falls, WI; Martha ~Bilox, MS; Josh ~MPLS, MN; Kevin ~Lindstrom, MN; Jan ~MPLS, MN; and Linda ~Inver Grove Heights, MN!!
Thank you as well to all of you who have come to support us at a Farmer's Market or show this summer! We have another month of Farmer's Markets! Come see us and support your local farmers!
Our website has a new look! We are SO excited and would like to hear what you think. Do you like the new look? Have suggestions?
Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful Autumn season! Thank you for your support!
15% off any order of $30.00 or more
When ordering, use Code: AUTUMN
~ or ~
Free Shipping on a purchase of $60 or more!
When ordering, Enter in code: REDLEAF
To copy and past coupons, select word, hold Ctrl+C together (copy), then go to checkout + in discount box, hold Ctrl+V together (paste).
Coupons are good until October 30, 2010.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy, Save Money and feel better!
- Maple Grove Farmers Market ~Last day of outdoor Farmers Market is 10/21 + is in the Maple Grove Community Center Parking Lot Thursday 3-6pm. Indoor ~ Winter Maple Grove Farmers Market begins Oct 28, 3-6pm (Dates: Oct 28, Nov 4 + 11, Dec 2, 10 + 15) More info + directions (Opens up in new window).
- Do you live in Downtown Minneapolis by the Guthrie? The Mill City Farmers Market is on Saturdays 8am-1pm. Last day of Mill City Farmer's Market: October 16, 2010. More info about Mill City Farmers Market (opens up in new window).
- Shoreview Farmers Market -Every Tuesdays 3-7pm in the Shoreview Community Center on Hwy 96. Last day of Shorevies Farmer's Market: October 19. Directions to Shoreview Farmers Market (opens up in new window)
Other places you can find me are:
- Oct 15, 16 + 17 Fri. 1pm-8pm, Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 10am-4pm 21st Annual Fall Craft And Gift Show at Blaine National Sports Center 1700 105th Ave NE; Blaine, MN 55449 ~Click for Map (new window)
- Oct 23 (Sat) 9am-3pm Blaine High School Annual Arts + Crafts Show hosted by Blaine High School Swimming + Diving Booster Club (12555 University Ave NE, Blaine) ~Click for Map (new window)
- Nov 6 (Sat), 9am-4pm, Elk River High School Craft Show (900 School St NW, Elk River, MN) ~Click for Map (in new window)
~Flaxseed Banana Bread~
Go Bananas with Flaxseed Banana Bread! Who doesn't love freshly baked banana bread? Add some flax and it's perfect!
~Click here for the entire Flaxseed Banana Bread Recipe~
In a mixing bowl, combine:
~Directions + Guidelines for How Much Flax: Here are helpful recommendations to your questions of how much flax to eat daily.
Start with 1 Tablespoon a day.
Drink 8-10 cups of fluids (preferably water) a day.
After 2-3 days, increase to 2 Tablespoons a day.
Continue this to the goal of 2-4 Tablespoons a day.
For more complete details on this topic, you can read more on www.gotflax.com.
(If you have Crohns, Diverticulitis or IBS, you want to start out slower, so read more specific info here).
It depends on age and weight, but usually starting is 1/2-1 teaspoon a day and then to work up from there. Read more at GotFlax.com for the more specific details. Read more on how much flax to eat daily.
~Click here for this Delicious Muffin Recipe~
Flax Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins is a recipe that is delicious and quick! Healthy muffins with a little energy-booster! Kids love these too!
Did you know that flax is also very beneficial for your pet? Some of the benefits of Flax may have on your pet's health:
- Heal + soothe dry, irritated skin
- Improve your pet's coat and give it a beautiful glossy sheen
- Build their immune system + help fight infections
- Help your pet during its growth + development
- Help improve bone strength
- During lactation, the quality + quantity of the animal's milk will be improved
- Prevention + treatment of inflammatory conditions, including arthritis
There ARE Differences in Quality of Flax. Flax is FOOD + if it tastes or smells bad, it might be rancid. ~Click Here to Learn How To Choose Gourmet Flax Seed
Mucilage is a kind of Soluble Fiber that is important for protecting and healing the colon. Click here to find out more about how mucilage fiber soothes, protects + heals the intestines.
This is a journey
as we learn more about Healthy Eating and Living. I appreciate you.
Have a Flax-A-LiciouS Day! ~Have a blessed Autumn! :)
P. S. Now is a great time to save on your Food Budget and add Healthy Whole Grains ~Flax + Barley~ to your diet! We have Great Savings for You and Your healthy eating Goals!
-The coupons above are SPECIAL for You, my newsletter subscribers! ~Good thru October 31, 2010.